Carry the 2nd
Posted by Nathan P. on January 27, 2006
I’m totally looking for playtesters, by the way.
Changes from revision 1.1:
- Formalized Burden Creation to include feedback from Dreamation: three sentences that gestalt into your Burden, discussion of lines and military experience.
- Decided that there will be 3×5 cards for easy Grunt choosing and reference.
- Moved all of chargen into one section, with the Squad section just being for reference.
- Explicated that dice are chosen in ascending Months In order. Added some guidance as towards choosing initial dice pools.
- Reworked and expanded Profile descriptions, including their best and worst Approach.
- Added rule that the GM can bring in a Burden die on a Fodders side if the Grunt rolls theirs. There’s a strong possibility that each character writeup will include a “Fodder Burden” entry, which is that characters Burden if they are not taken by a player.
- Added rule that you can roll your Burden Die even if you can’t use anything in your dice pool because of your Profile/Approach.
- Cleaned up Squad Scene conflict resolution rules (IIEE stuff, mainly).
- Added that you must change Approach when pushing a conflict.
- Added some stuff to how and why you should give people dice after rolling, as well as a tip about keeping multiple dice collections separate.
- Added some explication as to how Action resolution works, and why you would choose to give to one or the other.
- Added rules for establishing Backstory on the fly during play (thanks Rob!).
- Reworked Endgame. It should be better now.
- General editing, rewording and clarification.
- Updated all examples.