Soon To Be Off
Posted by Nathan P. on August 12, 2008
It’s that time.
I’m way more nervous than I ought to be.
Stuff I’m Looking Forwards To:
- Diana Jones Award. Gray Ranks is up for it. It’s the only game-related award I care about, and I really hope Jason is recognized for his great game.
- Games on Demand. Organization seems to be a little shaky, but I figure it shouldn’t be too hard to set up and play. And playing fun games is fun.
- Seeing friends. Gen Con is like a once-a-year nerd partystravaganza, and I love hanging out with my buds that I really only get to see a couple of times a year, if that.
- Making new friends. It’s actually kind of hard to do this, because of the aformentioned hanging out with old friends. But I intend to make an effort to at least cultivate acquantances into friendships.
- Learning how this whole booth thing will work. It will be an experience.
- Chatting with the bartender at the Embassy Suites. Seriously, this dude is awesome, and he treats us well and with good humor. He’s been there for the last two years that I’ve been at Gen Con, and I hope he’s there this time around.
- Finding new places to eat in Indianapolis. We managed to strike outside of the beaten paths last year, and it was good, if for variety if nothing else.
- Taking tons of pictures.
- Oh yeh, info overload in the Dealers Hall. Always fun.
See y’all on the other side.